Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Dip

I'd love to show you some gorgeous, ruby red, Strawberry Rhubarb jam slathered over some beautiful, flaky, golden, delicious rolls. I'd really love to. But my camera passed away yesterday. It was sad. It was tragic. It was really, really frustrating! I had no idea how addicted to the poor little thing I was until it couldn't play anymore. Good thing I had a few pictures waiting for a rainy (or camera-less) day!

Jay loves me to make this for him to take to work. He's the most popular kid on the block when I do! It's one of my favorite recipes out of my 'guy food' bag of tricks. I've even converted (tentatively) a few people who didn't like bleu cheese!

Buffalo Chicken Dip

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
8 oz. (one brick) cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
1/4 cup of bleu cheese
1/4 - 1/2 cup sour cream
1+ tablespoons Frank's Buffalo Chicken hot sauce

Preheat oven to 350. Set out a baking dish, I use an 8" square.
In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
Add the onion and garlic and saute until tender.
Remove from heat.
In a food processor, blitz the chicken, onion and garlic.
Add the cream cheese, mozzarella and bleu cheese and mix thoroughly.
Add as much sour cream as you need to get to your preferred consistency.
Start adding the hot sauce. Add at least a tablespoon and give it a taste. The heat will be a little stronger after you bake it, so add more slowly until you get to your preferred heat level.
Pour it into your baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes, until it gets nice and bubbly.
Top with a little extra bleu cheese and serve with slices of sourdough and sticks of celery.
Enjoy!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: