Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tasty Taco!

Have you seen Julie and Julia yet? It is such a cute movie! I loved it, well, right up until the phone call towards the end of the movie. Then I spent the rest of the time wondering, ‘why? Really? Why not?’ Anyhow, there’s a scene in the movie where Julia’s husband comes home to find her madly chopping a mountain of onions. That’s how I felt this afternoon! I wanted to get things ready for our camping trip and was chopping all the veggies for our meals.

  onions onions (2)onions (3)

*sniff, sniff* Makes my eyes water just looking at it! Is it just me or does anyone else think organic onions make you tear up more?

bug and pony's cloaks

I got my sewing done a little earlier than scheduled so I made Reese’s Bug and Amelia’s Sweetbaby some cloaks too. The kids loooooove the cloaks for their plushies! I wish I’d had a bit of Amelia’s fleece left over, but I used every little bit of hers.

soft chicken taco

This soft taco came together out of ingredients I was trying to use up before we leave tomorrow. Yum yum!

5 Minute Soft Tacos

1 cup of cooked chicken, diced

3 scallions, sliced on the bias

2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped (I was trying to use up my parsley here, if you have cilantro I think that would be even better!)

juice of 1/2 a lime

2 cups of lettuce, shredded

1/2 cup of sour cream

6 tortillas

 

Toss the chicken, scallions, parsley and lime juice together in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.

Put about 1/3 cup of lettuce on each tortilla, spoon on some of the chicken mixture onto the lettuce and top with sour cream.

Done. How easy was that? Enjoy!

No comments: