Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Let it Snow!

We’ve been having a wonderful, white weekend! It started snowing Thursday night and hasn’t let up. We have about 19 inches right now with more predicted during the rest of the day, wheeeeeeee! It’s been really windy too, so since the wind died down this morning I took the kids out to play!

falling

Reese losing his balance in the snow! Poor kid was trekking through snow up past his knees!

splat

Down he goes!

Amelia to the rescue

Amelia coming to rescue him.  

snowy snack

Sometimes you don’t want to be rescued!

our trail

Reese and I went for a walk. We didn’t get very far!

 Amelia throwing snowballs 

Amelia snuck up on Daddy while he was clearing the driveway. She totally nailed him! Way to go, Princess!

1

Reese wanted to build a snowman.

2

Supervising is such HARD work!

3

A talent he must have learned from his daddy!

snowman

‘Reese’s’ finished snowman! Just a note: the middle ball was perfectly proportioned in relation to the bottom ball. But we couldn’t lift it. You’d think after the last couple of weekends spent moving a houseful of furnishings and possessions  that a little ball of essentially water and air wouldn’t pose a problem. You’d think that, right? I thought that. Turns out . . . . I was wrong. Jay had to hack off most of my lovely snowball before we could lift it. I couldn’t bear to watch, it was painful. I worked HARD, darn it!!!

 jay and snowman

Just for reference, Jay is precisely six feet tall. And he’s a blacksmith. Which came in very handy when I needed a few lumps of coal! My snowman has gen-u-ine coal eyes and buttons! That makes me very happy!

  jennie and snowman

Hope you’re enjoying your weekend as much as I am!!!    

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good work on your snowman!! he is very impressive...even if he has a badunkadunk. haha!

miss ya, mark

Carol said...

Oooh, I loved watching you all playing in the snow! I wish I was there! Tell Lia she can throw a snowball better than grandma! I love the snowman!

Megan said...

Looks like a lovely day. We never get snow wether lone 19 inches. Love the snow man!
Happy New Year to you and your family! :)