Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Party Meatballs

meatballs 

I found this over at Somewhat Simple a while back and have made it over and over again since! These are the best party appetizers! Sweet and tangy and just SO easy! Annnnnnnd, if you serve these, the picky men in your life will allow you to get away with much more frou-frou food without putting up a fuss as long as you have these on the table. I promise. This recipe also rocks because you can get it ready, pop it in the oven and just turn the oven on when you’re ready, it leaves you time for all the other last minute party preparations! Love it!

Sweet and Tangy Party Meatballs

1 1/2 cups brown sugar

3/4 cup vinegar

3/4 cup BBQ sauce

3 teaspoons Dijon mustard

3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

1 bag frozen meatballs

 

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, BBQ sauce, mustard and Worcestershire sauce in a saucepan to heat up and dissolve sugar.

Place the meatballs in a 13x9 inch baking dish.

When sugar is dissolved, pour heated sauce over the meatballs and cover the baking dish with foil.

Bake for 30-45 minutes or until heated through.

Serve right away and enjoy!

 

And a little decorating, don’t mind the mantle and the boxes, I STILL haven’t gotten the living room done. Or our bedroom, or Reese’s room, or. . . . anywho, just be sure to scroll down slowly so you’ll be sure to get the full effect.

 

before

Before

 after

After

Hahahahahaha, just kidding! I just crack myself up! I wanted to show you that so I could talk about Lucy. (who, amazingly, is absent from all three pictures today!) She’s so funny! In our last house, we had regular wall-to-wall carpeting. But that wasn’t good enough for Lucy. She wanted to sleep on something softer. A lot of times it was a blanket, or the kids’ coats (they were great at hanging them up, but the darn coats just didn’t want to stay hung up.), sometimes it was laundry. Sometimes. . . . balled up dirty socks. Seriously. I saw her do it more than once. ‘Huh, nothing nice and cozy to lay on, except, oh – wait a minute! Those balled up dirty socks look comfy!’ Silly girl.

It’s been hard on her here though, we have hardwood floors throughout the house. And she’s not allowed on the furniture. Well, except for Reese’s beanbag chair in the playroom. So I set out a few old pillows here and there for her. She liked the one next to the heating vent the best. So when I saw this dog pillow on clearance for $7 AND it matched my living room furniture. Well, what can I say, I’m a nice mommy!

2 comments:

Carol said...

You're funny!
Such a good mommy!
I like the decorating re-do!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I am so glad you like these! They are one of my favorite party foods!